Money.com seeks a deputy editor
Money.com seeks a Deputy Editor to help execute a content strategy that improves people’s financial lives while simultaneously driving brand growth. The ideal candidate has extensive editing experience in the personal finance space, a digital-first media mentality and a track-record of working with major media outlets. A love of hard news and evergreen stories is a must, as is a deep understanding of how KPIs drive value.
This is a highly-visible, cross-team role within the organization and will work closely across editorial teams, audience development, sales, product, art and design to bring our content to a broader audience while maintaining the authority that the Money brand is known for.
Preferred location for this position is New York City, but we’re open to remote employment.
- Oversee the daily execution of Money’s editorial.
- Develop and maintain content strategy with key stakeholders.
- Manage a team of writers and editors.
- Be on the frontlines of content packaging.
- Edit feature stories, tent-pole packages and long-form evergreen stories.
- Develop new tent-pole features.
- Use data to drive decision making.
- Performs job duties as requested by the Executive Editor.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Experience: 10+ years of editorial experience in a fast-paced media environment.
- Knowledge: You know all corners of personal finance in and out. You know SEO best practices and how they relate to different types of stories.
- Communication skills: You have top-notch cross-team comms skills, and your collaborative spirit inspires others to work with you.
- Organization and planning: You rely heavily on research and analysis to craft your game plan.
- Leadership: You are a born leader and love to mentor.
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism or a related field.
To apply, go here.