Industry Dive seeks an editor for Utility Dive
What you can bring to the table:
- Proven track record of reporting and writing news stories, preferably on energy policy and energy business developments. An ability to produce ambitious and innovative reporting projects.
- Experience covering power markets, regulatory agencies or legislative bodies at the state and federal levels is preferred.
- Ability to quickly take ownership of specific beats through original reporting and source-building.
- Aptitude for shaping news stories for the government and business leaders that serve this space, including through the use of public financial filings or source documents and public records requests.
- Ability to coach and guide reporters to cover news, produce email newsletters and develop longer-term features.
- Experience with substantive editing, copy editing and fact-checking content as well as writing SEO-savvy web headlines.
- Strong digital news knowledge and aptitude.
- Comfort with social media and the ability to build an audience on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn to enhance the scope and reach of your work.
- Proven ability to consistently conceive of, report, write and publish same-day news stories.
- Ability to work with a fast-paced, dynamic team that publishes a daily audience-specific newsletter as well as three weekly newsletters.
- Curiosity and inclination to dig deeper into complex subjects and desire to achieve excellence in journalism.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in journalism, English or similar field.
- Experience level: 3 years at a minimum, strong preference for direct experience reporting on one or more of the topics listed above.
To apply, go here.