What can you bring to the table:
- A track record of strong writing and reporting skills and an ability to thrive in a fast-paced news environment. Experience in business, financial services, payments and/or fintech reporting is highly preferred.
- An ability to interpret and analyze business concepts and major news stories, including financial reports and government regulations.
- An ability to build relationships with industry, government and other sources and grasp complex subjects related to the payments industry.
- Strong digital news knowledge and aptitude.
- Deadline-oriented time management skills; an ability to turn around stories on tight deadlines, including breaking news coverage.
- Proficiency in social media platforms.
- A bachelor’s degree or graduate degree in journalism, English or similar field.
- At least 3 years experience writing and reporting.
What you’ll do:
- Play a key role in contributing excellent news stories to the Payments Dive web site and daily newsletter, and work with the rest of the team on assignments and editing in a collaborative fashion.
- Help identify key industry storylines we can own.
- Pitch and execute standout pieces on breaking news in the industry, as you follow timely payments topics and broader trends.
- Track analytics to gauge what stories are resonating with readers.
- Work with the Payments team in a growing newsroom that encourages innovative and creative projects.