Reporters are responsible for generating, pitching, reporting, and writing news and short-form stories for the print and/or digital platforms; they accept daily assignments from editors; they are expected to offer insight, perspective, and sources on their areas of subject matter expertise to fellow editorial team members and supervising editors; and they are encouraged to moderate or host discussions at Inc. editorial conferences. Reporters are encouraged to pitch or accept assignments to write and report major feature stories for Inc.’s digital and print platforms. A keen interest in business and entrepreneurship and the unique experiences of founders and owners is required.
This position is represented by the Inc. and Fast Company union the Writers Guild of America-East.
Salary range: $68,000 – $95,200 + bonus eligible. Compensation may vary based on relevant experience, skills, industry, and education.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- Generate story ideas (daily/weekly); report, research, fact check stories
- Advise editors and colleagues of other newsworthy stories
- Write and revise drafts in consultation with editors
- Brainstorm and share resources with other staff
- Contribute to Inc. culture by upholding our ethical standards, collaborating with editors
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, English or a related field preferred
- 3+ years of editorial experience
- Strong writing skills
- Strong reportorial instincts and news judgement
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, for text, phone and in-person communications
- Track record of accuracy and ethics
- Creativity and critical thinking
- Ability to conceive of and create content across platforms
- Fluency in an additional language (particularly Spanish) preferred
- Experience working in business journalism preferred
Mansueto Ventures requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and have received at least one booster shot prior to their start date.
To apply, go here.