ICIS is the world’s largest petrochemical market information provider and has fast-growing energy and fertilizer divisions. Our aim is to give companies in global commodities markets a competitive advantage by delivering trusted pricing data, high-value news, analysis and independent consulting, enabling our customers to make better-informed trading and planning decisions. We have more than 30 years’ experience in providing pricing information, news, analysis and consulting to buyers, sellers and analysts.
About the job:
We are looking for a Senior analytical market reporter to join our Houston editorial team, covering developments in LNG and natural gas.
Working together with our editorial and analyst teams, you will break news and write analytical content related to short- and long-term trends in energy markets, focusing primarily on the economic and policy drivers of price movements.
Relevant stories include national renewable developments, supply and demand dynamics, regulatory or policy changes, analysis of government or external data/reports, etc.
You will be required to analyze data, assess prices on a daily basis, develop a network of contacts within the industry and write insightful commentary and news for an expert audience. You are motivated by breaking exclusive news as well as investigating and explaining what this means for our readers. The role will allow you to become a recognized expert in your field.
You will be responsible for:
- Writing insightful news and analysis explaining price trends and direction.
- Understanding and analyzing economic, policy and legal developments that affect energy markets.
- Analyzing large data sets to produce accurate price assessments.
- Building up and nurturing a wide network of industry contacts
- Developing and showcasing expertise on an energy news beat
- Reporting on complex topics in an engaging and timely manner, including use of data visualizations
- All other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors/Master’s degree in energy, journalism, finance, data science, economics or similar
- Energy market knowledge/interest
- Analytical mind-set
- Experience of working with Excel/Excel-based business tools
- Fluent written and spoken English
- High level of numerical accuracy
- Ability to work in a fast-paced deadline-driven environment
To apply, go here.