FT’s P&C Specialist seeks a reporter
Money-Media, a fast-growing, entrepreneurial subsidiary of The Financial Times, is an online media firm focused on being the premier source of news and intelligence for specialized businesses. Through our extensive suite of products, Money-Media delivers must-have content that helps people do their jobs better and supports the business IQ of hundreds of thousands of readers across the world.
Join us and find an inclusive and fast-paced environment with unique opportunities to support every step of your career. Learn more about Money-Media and career opportunities.
We are looking for an enterprising reporter for a new publication covering the property and casualty insurance market.
This is a terrific opportunity to make a significant contribution to the success of a new publication and benefit as it grows. Money-Media, with the backing of the Financial Times, has ambitious goals for this product and this market. You will have the benefits of working on a start-up publication within a stable and successful company that has proven it knows how to create profitable subscription-based publications within financial services.
P&C Specialist publishes three times a week and provides insurance companies with the news and intelligence they need to grow their businesses. We welcome crisp writing, innovative approaches, visual thinking, and stories that make an impact. We’re an agile digital publication with a finger firmly on the pulse of our readers. As a reporter, you will cover the property and casualty insurance industry and write everything from scoops to analytical trend pieces. You will develop a source list and become a trusted provider of content for our sophisticated readers.
We have a small, collegial, open-minded team, so you will have plenty of opportunity for career growth and taking on more responsibilities.
What will I be responsible for?
- Report and write four or five articles per week and create video content based on interviews.
- Become an expert on the subject matter and write with clarity, insight and depth.
- Establish and maintain close relationships with insurance executives and their companies.
- Help to generate story ideas and shape coverage.
- Travel to industry events and meet with prospects to stay abreast of the latest industry trends.
- Work with other departments to produce videos, graphics etc. as necessary for editorial coverage.
- On occasion, moderate webcasts or panels at events run by Money-Media or the Financial Times’ events group.
What experience/skills do I need to be successful in this role?
- The ideal candidate will have a strong desire to succeed and a proven track record of reporting high-quality content. We seek a person with strong intelligence, high energy, creativity, persistence, and resilience.
- Experience working a beat and knowing how to generate scoops, enterprise story ideas and other content that distinguishes a publication. Data journalism experience is a plus.
- Track record of continuous improvement and initiative and a creative approach to your work.
- Ability to recognize and respond to readers’ needs.
- Knowledge of the financial services industry a plus.
- A high personal standard of excellence and pride in the work you do.
- Curiosity and a desire to learn.
To apply, go here.