FT’s P&C Specialist seeks a managing editor
Money-Media, a business division of the Financial Times, is looking for a managing editor to lead a fast-growing subscription publication covering the property and casualty insurance industry.
P&C Specialist is a thrice-weekly publication that provides insurance companies with the news and intelligence they need to grow their businesses. It has received tremendous feedback and support from the industry in its first few years and is well-respected in the market.
This is a terrific opportunity to lead a new publication and make your mark. Money-Media, with the backing of the Financial Times, has ambitious goals for this product and this market. You will have the benefits of working on an entrepreneurial publication within a stable and successful company that has proven it knows how to create profitable subscription-based publications within financial services.
Your team will be covering an industry grappling with some of the big themes of today; climate change, technology and innovation, rapidly-changing consumer habits, workforce disruption and a regulatory focus on racial bias.
The managing editor is the editorial driver of P&C Specialist, overseeing all content development, including original news articles, trend reports, surveys, data-driven content, video and webcasts. The publication delivers valuable original content to an audience of busy senior executives. The managing editor is responsible for pushing through product improvements based on planned upgrades and ongoing market feedback. We expect the managing editor to be engaged with the business side of the publication and an enthusiastic source of ideas and suggestions for growing the title’s reach and profitability.
Strong preference will be given to candidates with a financial industry editorial background. If you have a good understanding of the insurance market and have pre-existing relationships in that space, so much the better.
The managing editor will oversee an associate editor, two reporters, a data visualization reporter plus freelancers, and will report into Money-Media’s Group Managing Editor for new products.
- Oversee all editorial development and processes for story generation, edit stories, write stories
- Occasionally write articles and create video content based on interviews
- Maintain the overall quality and timeliness of the content and meet the product’s editorial milestones for success
- Establish and maintain close relationships with insurance executives and their companies
- Travel to industry events and meet with prospects to stay on top of the latest industry trends and to solicit ongoing market feedback about the product
- Coordinate editorial with advertising and marketing activities
- Work with other departments to incorporate video, graphics, webcasts into our editorial coverage
- Hire, manage and motivate staff, ensure they are performing at a high standard, support training where necessary
- On occasion, moderate webcasts or panels at events run by Money-Media or the Financial Times’ events group. Share knowledge and expertise where necessary with events group. Represent P&C Specialist’s editorial team internally and externally
To apply, go here.