FedScoop seeks a driven reporter to help tell the story of digital transformation across the federal government.
Federal IT leaders are tasked with combating near daily cyberattacks from foreign adversaries, transitioning sensitive and critical data to the cloud and awarding multibillion-dollar contracts to the same tech companies they are attempting to regulate. How successful they are at tackling these issues and achieving President Biden’s aim of bringing government closer to its citizens is among the biggest stories in tech and politics.
Our ideal candidate will be comfortable with the fast-paced demands of daily news but have a primary interest in producing enterprise journalism. We are looking for a newshound to identify and tell the most important stories within the federal technology landscape. This role is based in Washington, D.C.
FedScoop is a subsidiary of Scoop News Group, the leading public sector tech media company in the country. Our reporters have gone on to work for media outlets including Bloomberg, Reuters, Politico, and the Washington Business Journal.
- Lead FedScoop’s coverage of government technology to generate fresh story ideas;
- Write stories — from short hits to in-depth investigative features — that are delivered in a daily newsletter to 100,000+ subscribers;
- Contribute to long-term special editorial projects that impact the tech community governmentwide;
- Build community around the FedScoop brand by participating in events, moderating panels, developing an expertise in your subject matter and more; and
- Work with the Scoop News Group team to create multimedia content for FedScoop, FedScoop TV and FedScoop Radio.
- 4 years of professional daily journalism experience as a reporter or editor;
- Familiarity with technology and the federal government, particularly civilian and Cabinet-level agencies;
- A bachelor’s degree in journalism;
- Strong communications and organization skills;
- Strong knowledge of SEO, AP Style and social media; and
- Experience with multimedia tools, content management systems and programming to create a polished final product.
To apply, go here.