The Denver Business Journal is looking for a senior reporter to join our newsroom.
The ideal candidate brings exceptional journalism skills including source-building, sharp news judgment and analytical and investigative reporting experience.
A senior member of our reporting team, this position serves as an example for others in the areas of interviewing, research and clear and balanced writing.
This reporter will produce articles accompanied by perspective and context for a vibrant audience of entrepreneurs, business owners, executives and professionals in one of the nation’s most vibrant economic regions.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- Eight to 10 years of reporting experience.
- Proven experience building and maintaining an active audience and a strong source base.
- Knowledge of business principles is essential.
- Proven excellence in reporting and writing.
- Desire and ability to break news and to identify newsworthy events and sources.
- Strong analytical and investigative interviewing skills.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively.
- Ability to relate comfortably to a wide range of people, in person, on the phone and online.
- Drive to develop sources and build audience.
- Solid understanding of news writing, journalistic ethics and story structure.
- Ability to leverage relationships with sources to deliver content that differentiates the organization from competitors.
- Denver community experience is a plus.
- Comfort with on-stage or on-camera presentations is helpful.
To apply, go here.