The Daily Journal of Commerce, Oregon’s construction authority for 150 years, is seeking a creative and informative Multimedia Real Estate and Development Reporter to join our team.
What skills does the job require?
- A degree in journalism, communications, or other relevant discipline.
- Natural curiosity. Do you ask more questions than a 5 year old?
- At least three years of experience covering business or economic issues, preferably in Oregon.
- Experience reporting on policy and trend topics, as well as using data and trends to write stories and publish multimedia elements.
- The ability to work comfortably and cooperatively in team environment.
- Excellent written and interpersonal communications skills.
- The capacity to learn new subjects and adapt quickly to changing business needs.
- The ability to travel easily and efficiently around the state.
What will you be Responsible for?
- Daily stories covering:
- Construction, development and real estate stories relevant to the Oregon industries.
- Economic development issues and construction bidding activity across the state.
- Transportation issues, including public transit, airports and highways.
- Other subjects and industries as necessary.
- Contributing to all the DJC features, including event profiles, special reports and supplements. You will also work collaboratively with other DJC editorial staff members, sharing knowledge and expertise in a collaborative environment.
- Uncovering the latest commercial building projects and emerging real estate development trends around the region.
- Representing the DJC at industry conferences, make media appearances and serve on panels focused on topics relevant to his or her coverage areas.
- Providing multimedia content for djcOregon.com, including but not limited to a weekly news-style video news wrap-up, video interviews and other audio/visual formats.
What does The Daily Journal of Commerce offer?
- A generous compensation plan. When you win, we win!
- A competitive benefits package that includes health, vision, dental, life, short- and long-term disability coverages
- 401K with a company match
- Growth opportunities to build your career
To apply, go here.