D CEO, named the country’s best regional business magazine for the past three consecutive years, is looking for an associate editor.
The right candidate will be a mix of engaging storyteller, detail-oriented multi-tasker, and industrious team player. You’re curious about the region’s business community and the innovative leaders who keep it humming. You’re collaborative and enjoy brainstorming ideas, but also a passionate self-starter who’s not afraid to chase down information. You find top national CEOs intriguing, not intimidating. You can write for a sophisticated audience. You know how to meet deadlines and can effectively juggle multiple projects without sacrificing quality.
- Report, write, and edit stories for D CEO magazine and its Dallas 500 special edition, as well as the commercial real estate digital vertical.
- Manage D CEO’s commercial real estate contributing editors schedule and edit and publish blog posts.
- Prepare and send D CEO’s weekly commercial real estate newsletter.
- Write and/or edit a weekly Business Briefs digital standing feature.
- Write and/or edit one or more print edition standing features.
- 3+ years of experience in business journalism or a related field
- Knowledge of WordPress, Microsoft Suite, and InDesign a plus
- Knowledge of Instagram, LinkedIn, and other social media platforms a plus
- Writing samples required
- D Magazine Partners benefits include medical, dental insurance, disability, and retirement savings.
- 19 days off when our office is closed for holidays and just to take a break, in addition to vacation and personal time opportunities.
- Complimentary and convenient downtown parking, even on weekends.
- D Magazine Partners offers flexible PTO, that you can take for sick days or vacation in coordination with your manager to ensure coverage.
Note : This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the role. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, responsibilities, or other aspects of the job. The responsibilities and qualifications mentioned above may be subject to change based on the needs of the company.
To apply, submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.