Crain’s Detroit Business is hiring a highly motivated, experienced, multi-dimensional editor to oversee its special sections and special projects. This editor will conceive and assign stories aligned with its editorial calendar, working directly with reporters and editors from Crain’s and the freelance community. This person will also work closely with the events team in helping program our editorial-based events throughout the calendar year.
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Public Policy, English, or related field.
- Minimum five years of professional experience in journalism or a related field.
- Professional experience in managing projects, with strong organizational skills.
- A creative and critical mind, a person who can find extraordinary angles in ordinary topics.
- Must be able to think fast and work on more than one project in advance.
- Terrific communication skills and an ability to work across teams.
- A self-starter and independent thinker.
- Strong grammatical skills, with a demonstrated ability to edit and self-edit.
- Demonstrated ability to work across platforms, including video, photo and audio.
- Demonstrated ability to work within a team and pull disparate teams together.
- Must have a track record with working well and professionally with outside writers and vendors.
- Minimum three years’ experience as an editor and/or project manager in a newsroom or communications agency.
- Experience with databases, spreadsheets, and PowerPoints.
- Experience managing a budget.
- Experience leading a team and/or training as a team leader.
To apply, go here.