Under the direction of the Business Editor, the Business Reporter will cover a variety of business, technology and personal finance news in the Pikes Peak region; help cover business news statewide; investigate and report about business legal and ethics issues; and explore and localize national business trends.
Essential Job Duties And Responsibilities
- Provide business coverage for Colorado Springs and Denver Gazettes and other Clarity publications as assigned.
- Coordinate with other Clarity content, visual, digital and audience operations.
- Ensure that all Clarity journalism standards are followed, including accuracy, fairness and style.
- Participate in team planning of business news content.
- Consistently meet deadlines.
- Serve as liaison for customers, sources and other community members.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
The Business Reporter’s work schedule may include early mornings, nights and weekends.
Minimum Education & Work Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree.
- At least 2 years of daily news experience is preferred.
- Experience on a newsroom reporting beat is preferred.
- Prior business or technology reporting experience is a plus, but not required.
- Understanding of the business community is strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and collaboratively.
- Knowledge of libel law and other legal issues.
- Self-starter, multitasker and clear communicator
To apply, go here.