CNBC.com seeking a reporter who can tackle the so-called “vice beat” for our Consumer and Business News team – covering the tobacco and firearms industries, while collaborating on alcohol coverage.
This person will also keep an eye on the gambling industry and other sectors of interest. The best candidates should have a proven ability to write crisp, clear, authoritative news and feature stories. We want a highly competitive, eager team player who wants to break news and make an impact.
What you’ll do:
- Generate story ideas and new angles for the biggest stories
- Cover breaking news, companies, trends and personalities on this beat
- Write about earnings and other corporate news
- Pitch in with newsroom-wide coverage of major breaking stories
- Cultivate sources to break news
- Write thoughtful analysis and follow-up stories
- Explain how these companies analyze and study consumers to make products for them and prepare for the next big trend
To apply, go here.