CNBC.com seeks a political reporter
CNBC Digital is looking for an experienced political reporter or editor to help lead our political coverage. The ideal candidate will be deeply sourced within Washington and a polished writer with extensive experience covering the White House, Congress and/or national elections.
This person will have a proven ability to break news while juggling real-time news of the day, long-form features and can also fill in as an editor as needed.
What you’ll do:
- Generate story ideas, break news and cultivate sources at high levels in the federal government, national parties, campaign finance teams as well as congressional, White House and campaign staff
- Mentor younger reporters
- Cover breaking news with accuracy and authority in real time
- Occasional editing
What we’ll offer:
At our Washington D.C. location, you’ll have access to great perks and amenities:
- Sweat it out –S Free onsite fitness center
- In the action – The D.C. bureau is in the shadow of the U.S. Capitol building, ideal for catching the newsmakers and lawmakers just in time for your next story
- Commuter’s Dream – The bureau is located just steps from Union Station, a central transportation hub
- Extras – Our Capitol Hill location is close to dozens of popular lunch options and high-end dinner spots
To apply, go here.