News Editors are the air-traffic controllers for CNBC.com’s website and app. They direct CNBC’s online breaking news coverage and oversee homepage programming for the web and app platforms. They work closely with CNBC’s top managers and the full newsroom to ensure our readers know everything necessary to make fast, informed decisions in business and finance.
News Editors should have the ability to stay organized when several major stories break at the same time. A plane might be attempting an emergency landing while the president is tweeting about trade, and oil suddenly takes a major dip. That’s a Tuesday around here.
What you’ll do:
- Ensure CNBC.com is delivering all the top news of the day
- Place articles on the homepages, packaging art and related topics as needed and adjusting headline tone as needed
- Edit breaking news articles and help reporters and section editors improve their online presentation
- Write breaking news as needed
What we’ll offer:
At CNBC Headquarters in Englewood Cliffs, NJ, you’ll have access to great perks and amenities:
- Sweat it out — Free onsite fitness center with state-of-the-art equipment, basketball court and running course, plus daily group classes
- Eat up — Gourmet cafeteria with daily specials plus soup and salad bars
- Unwind — Massage therapy, ping pong tables, foosball
- Extras — Dry cleaning, shoe shining and sneak peeks
- Don’t have a car? No problem! We offer free shuttle transportation to and from multiple locations in Manhattan, Brooklyn, Hoboken and Jersey City
To apply, go here.