As a member of the CNBC.com copy desk, the copy editor is the last line of defense to ensure that our articles are of the highest quality possible. Whether it’s a long feature or a short breaking news bulletin, we will look to the copy editor to make sure our news coverage is free of errors and typos and has proper context, balance, consistency and clarity. The copy editor plays an essential part in producing compelling coverage that helps to expand our growing readership.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Editing articles quickly and thoroughly, sometimes after they are published
- Engaging in productive dialogue with reporters, editors and managers as needed
- Making sure CNBC.com’s coverage meets the highest standards
A successful candidate should have:
- A bachelor’s degree or relevant work experience
- At least five years of experience in daily journalism as a copy editor
- A strong knowledge of AP style and business news.
The position requires enthusiasm, patience and positive communication skills. The successful candidate must be able to quickly edit complicated articles to ensure they are accessible not only to financial insiders but also to a broad readership. The candidate needs to be able to work collaboratively with a staff of writers and editors, ranging from industry veterans to early career employees.
- Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV through nbcunicareers.com to be considered
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
- Hybrid: This position has been designated as hybrid, generally contributing from the office a minimum of three days per week.
To apply, go here.