Business North Carolina, an award-winning regional business magazine and internet publisher based in Charlotte, is searching for an associate editor. The magazine publishes profiles and in-depth features that describe the state’s key business trends and issues. BNC has served the state for 40 years.
The ideal candidate is a detailed-oriented, critical thinking, team player who wants to improve the publication every month and make an impact, while building experience in publishing.
Basics of the job:
- Edit and write front-of-book items as well as digital content.
- Copy edit.
- Generate story ideas.
- Work with staff in developing art concepts for covers, layouts.
- Work with editor on long-range planning and website improvements.
- A four-year degree in journalism, English, communications or a related field.
- Three years journalism experience, including editing work.
- An eye for accuracy, detail, style and tone.
- Excellent reporting and organizational skills.
- Social media skills
- A positive, flexible attitude.
- Curiosity and energy.
Business North Carolina is affiliated with The Pilot of Southern Pines, N.C., regularly ranked among the nation’s best community newspapers, and four arts and culture magazines published in Greensboro, Southern Pines, Raleigh and Charlotte, N.C.
Send your resume, clips and a cover letter explaining how you’d perform these responsibilities to David Mildenberg at email@example.com.