Bloomberg is seeking an experienced reporter with a track record of breaking news and cultivating top sources to join our European gas and power team.
We’re looking for someone who’s at ease covering both gas markets and energy companies, and can quickly expand their network to break the biggest stories. As Europe grapples with the twin challenges of an energy crisis and the transition to net-zero, we’re looking for a reporter who understands the complexities of energy trading but can also write clearly and accessibly for a broad audience.
You will work closely with other members of our European power, gas and renewables team, as well as colleagues covering the gas story in the Americas and Asia. A team-player approach is crucial. You’ll also be expected to embrace a multimedia approach to news and storytelling.
This role can be based in London, Frankfurt or Amsterdam.
We’ll trust you to:
- Develop a strong network of sources
- Break the biggest stories that Bloomberg clients care about
- Craft coverage for both expert terminal readers and a broader web and magazine readership
- Work in close collaboration with other members of global energy team
You’ll need to have:
- Track record building sources and breaking news
- Experience covering energy markets and energy companies
- Ability to write quickly and clearly under deadline pressure
To apply, go here.