Bloomberg News is seeking a reporter in London to cover the aviation, space and transport industries. This dynamic beat spotlights some of the world’s biggest airlines, the future of flight and the burgeoning business of commercial space exploration. The role includes airlines like EasyJet, Ryanair and Virgin Atlantic, as well as aerospace companies like Rolls-Royce and BAE Systems.
The position involves building sources to break news, interviewing the colorful entrepreneurs and executives behind some of these companies, attending major conferences and covering everything from jetliner orders to train strikes to airport disruption. There’s ample scope for longer-form articles on topics such as sustainable aviation and the effects of war on the industry.
We’ll trust you to:
- Develop sources and break market-moving news
- Write longer-form stories that are informative, investigative and a delight to read
- Coordinate and work collaboratively with other news teams and editors
- Think creatively about story formats, including video
You’ll need to have:
- An interest or experience in covering the aviation and space industries
- The ability to write quickly and concisely under deadline pressure
- Knowledge of company news, including reading financial statements
- A track record in breaking news
To apply, go here.