Bloomberg News is seeking an experienced, self-directed reporter to join the Wealth Americas Team. This role will encompass all aspects of the team — covering the region’s ultra-wealthy and hidden billionaires, reporting on their investments, philanthropic efforts and political contributions. It also involves looking at their influence on San Francisco and Silicon Valley at a time of heightened inequality and economic turmoil as the tech boom chills.
The reporter will have a broad mandate to cover wealth-related topics including real estate, finance and crypto and will be an accomplished writer able to break news and produce enterprise stories for Bloomberg’s media properties, including the Bloomberg Terminal, Bloomberg.com, Bloomberg Businessweek and Bloomberg Markets.
We’ll trust you to:
- Be the Wealth team’s eyes and ears in Silicon Valley, building a deep network of sources within the worlds of venture capital and Big Tech
- Serve as Wealth’s liaison with Bloomberg’s tech team, collaborating to break news and write impactful long-form enterprise stories
- Identify unknown billionaires, family offices and foundations
- Step in seamlessly to work with the National team’s California Bureau Chief on big stories affecting San Francisco and the state, including trends in the housing market, inequality and the consequences of climate change
You will have:
- At least four years of business reporting and writing experience
- Experience developing a deep source base and a knack for explaining complex topics
- Ability to meet deadlines and logically tackle problems
- Effective research, analysis, Excel, and communication skills
- A keen eye for detail and an ability to manage large quantities of data accurately
To apply, go here.