Bloomberg News is seeking a journalist with experience in Economics, Bonds, FX or other markets to step up into a reporting role to help drive our economics coverage across Asia and the world. You’re comfortable mining spread sheets and research reports for analytical takes on trends across Asia’s biggest economies. You are equally comfortable travelling at short notice to economic hot spots, interviewing shopkeepers, business people and families to show how economic trends affect human lives. You will be covering a vast region from Wellington to Karachi where you’ll jump between stories examining the latest trends in central banking and economic indicators to reporting on themes such as climate change, inequality, labor markets, health, trade frictions, housing and other issues that shape the economic outlook across Asia.
We’ll trust you to:
- Write insightful stories on the Asia Economy while spotting new trends and connecting the dots to craft insightful, enterprise stories
- Build and use your contacts to help Bloomberg chronicle the growth and impact of the economy in the region
- Collaborate with colleagues across teams, bureaus and countries to break news and deliver a global perspective to our audience
- Be innovative and think creatively about ways to make our content accessible to a diverse audience of business-savvy readers
You’ll need to have:
- At least 5 years of experience in journalism
- Experience working in a real-time news environment
- Experience covering the economy or financial markets as a reporter
- Ability to spot trends, find holes in stories and work with reporters to deliver impactful news to our readers
- Demonstrated continuous career growth within an organisation
- Strong communication skills
- Proficiency in both spoken and written English
To apply, go here.