Bloomberg News is one of the biggest financial and business news organizations in the world. We lead the way in breaking news and providing analysis on financial markets, business and economies, from daily coverage through to in-depth features. We are known for our quality, accuracy and ability to deliver news investors can use. It’s what keeps us inventing and re-inventing, all the time.
Bloomberg News is looking for a dynamic journalist to lead our bureau in Jakarta. You will thrive in a real-time news environment and put us ahead of the competition on coverage of the policies, markets and companies in Southeast Asia’s biggest economy. You will use exceptional news judgement to set coverage priorities, guide a dedicated team of reporters to break news, help write and edit clear, impactful stories in different formats for a range of audiences, and work effectively across various platforms with multiple partners. You will nurture journalism talent, help reporters get the scoops that matter most and raise the profile of the bureau by working with your team to organize interviews with top newsmakers.
We’ll trust you to:
- Lead and inspire reporters and editors with the goal of making Bloomberg’s coverage influential and highly visible in Indonesia, the region and globally
- Use impeccable news judgement to identify and deliver the stories that matter to Bloomberg’s global audiences, with a keen understanding of how readers will want to consume that news, and leveraging our multiple platforms
- Promote diversity of thought and representation throughout our coverage
- Manage talent deftly across a matrix structure to ensure the bureau performs at its best
- Develop a productive and highly engaged relationship with fellow managers in the bureau and across the region
- Ensure the bureau maintains the highest standards of professionalism and journalism, with unwavering focus on fairness and accuracy
- Represent the Jakarta bureau both internally and externally
You’ll need to have:
- At least 7 years of experience as a financial reporter or editor
- At least 3 years of experience in a real-time news environment
- Prior experience leading, coaching and/or developing teams in a newsroom
- The ability to write and edit well under tight deadlines
- Demonstrated capacity to work effectively across multiple teams in a collaborative manner
- A strong work ethic, including operating calmly under pressure
- Proven record of breaking news, or guiding a team that breaks news
- Proven ability to conceive and deliver stories that resonate with a global audience
- Strong understanding of the Indonesian corporate and policy environment, as well as the economic and financial story
- Fluency in both spoken and written English
- Demonstrated continuous career growth within an organization
To apply, go here.