Most of us love to shop. Want to write about what we’re buying? Bloomberg is looking for a reporter to cover the U.K. and European consumer products industry.
In this London-based role, you’ll break news on the giant companies behind the brands we all know and use every day — from food to drinks to personal care — while chronicling fast-changing consumer trends.
It’s an industry in the throes of change as shoppers seek out new, healthier, organic or plant-based alternatives to the food they used to fill their carts with. Companies like Unilever that are burnishing their ESG credentials are caught up in a backlash from investors seeking returns. You’ll have to be fast to keep up; the reward is a high-profile beat with plenty of great stories to cover.
We’ll trust you to:
- Break news that’s market moving
- Write longer-form stories that are informative, investigative and a delight to read
- Coordinate and work collaboratively with other news teams and editors
- Think creatively about stories for non-traditional coverage formats
You’ll need to have:
- Knowledge of or interest in the food, beverage and consumer goods industries
- A hunger for scoops
- First-rate writing skills
- Grace under deadline pressure and openness to feedback
- Experience in cross-team collaboration
- A record of creativity and innovation
To apply, go here.