Bloomberg Digital is looking for an editor to help build out a digital offering for the weekend. The successful candidate will have a strong sense of digital consumption habits and understand how best to commission, edit and curate Bloomberg’s enterprise and service journalism to reach business news users on digital platforms during the weekend, whether they are looking to lean back or trying to prepare for the week ahead.
This role will work alongside the existing weekend news team, who will continue to oversee our breaking news operations on the weekend across all platforms.
The Digital Weekend Editor will help determine the coverage from within their region for the digital weekend package. The editor will select coverage to re-promote, including our best long-form stories, podcasts and videos, and work with the beat teams to commission content on everything from luxury to food, travel and culture and help our readers prepare for the week ahead. The Digital Weekend Editor will also be expected to help prepare the weekend newsletter product and collaborate with members of the design and production teams to create highly produced coverage within the region. This role is expected to work across the newsroom to cultivate coverage and voices that our digital subscribers can connect with – and look forward to consuming – packaged into our new weekend digital experience.
The successful candidate will have a proven track record in business and digital journalism and be able to network across our large, global newsroom.
We’ll trust you to:
- Work with beat reporting teams in the region to solicit content for the weekend digital package
- Select content from the region to repromote in the weekend package
- Commission content from the region needed for the weekend digital package
- Edit copy that reporters file into the digital weekend team
- Collaborate with design, audience and production to build out high touch digital experiences
- Coordinate with the weekend breaking news lead in your region
- Use analytics to understand how our users are consuming this content and adjusting the playbook based on user data and subscriber feedback
You’ll need to have:
- 3+ years of experience in a digital news environment
- A proven track record of collaboration across newsroom and media platform teams
- A strong understanding of audience analytics and the digital subscription ecosystem
To apply, go here.