Bloomberg Audio & Radio has a rare opportunity for a motivated, hardworking Producer to lead its evening programming from New York.
In this full-time position, the Producer will lead our coverage by writing, booking and directing several hours of daily programming. The Producer sets the editorial agenda and vision for Bloomberg’s live audio programming. In this role, they will select stories, write scripts, book guests, edit audio, and direct the show. Candidates for this opening should have extensive experience in audio storytelling, strong editorial judgment, commitment to detail and the ability to make quick decisions in a fast-paced setting.
This person will demonstrate a creative approach to tasks, have an enthusiastic work ethic and strong multitasking skills.
WE’LL TRUST YOU TO:
- lead production of a daily news program with a global perspective
- write and edit broadcast scripts
- communicate and coordinate with reporters across the newsroom
- record, cut and mix audio for broadcasts
- direct show anchors and audio engineers from the control room
- write and produce original audio packages and podcasts
- identify and book influential guests
- develop and execute a social media strategy to promote content
YOU’LL NEED TO HAVE:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years of broadcast, podcast and/or live news production experience
- strong editorial and production skills
- knowledge of Abode Audition audio editing software
- good networking and interpersonal skills
- proficiency with newsroom software systems and agility with Windows
- experience with social media tools such as SocialFlow and audiograms
- ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines
- flexibility to adjust working schedule as business needs require
To apply, go here.