Barron’s is looking for a digital reporter to join our newsroom to create new story formats that will reach audiences in unique and visually engaging ways.
The digital reporter will be responsible for conceiving and writing original scripts for the Google Web Stories format, selecting Barron’s stories to feature on Google Showcase, and working closely with a designer to create additional visual content that will be showcased across our homepage, mobile app, social media and other distribution channels. The job requires a broad understanding of core Barron’s topics, an ability to develop ideas with aesthetics in mind, and an interest in learning new tools and technology to create visually-oriented editorial content.
The digital reporter will report to the editor overseeing innovative story formats and should have experience creating engaging experiences online, with a goal of growing our audience.
Barron’s values teamwork, so the ability to collaborate is a must.
Applicants should send a resume, cover letter, and links to three articles, data-oriented visual content or social media posts to firstname.lastname@example.org , email@example.com , and firstname.lastname@example.org , or apply through the link provided.
- Strong editorial judgment and attention to detail and accuracy in your reporting, producing, and editing.
- A knack for writing short, punchy text that makes complex financial concepts easy to understand and enjoyable to discover.
- Strong interest in the stock market, economy, and personal finance topics ranging from inflation to whether early retirement makes sense.
- Ability to select photos and suggest other visual elements to complement text on visual stories.
- At least one year of experience working in a newsroom, plus an understanding of journalistic best practices.
- Experience with content management systems such as WordPress.
- Ability to work collaboratively across many teams and disciplines.
To apply, go here.