Bankrate.com seeks a managing editor
Our Bankrate team is seeking a Managing Editor for transactional Credit Cards content. You will lead a team of full-time editors and writers who are responsible for creating and optimizing credit card reviews and category pages on Bankrate.com and CreditCards.com.
The ideal candidate will be highly organized, a skilled multitasker and an advocate for consumers. This role will be responsible for executing on our transactional content strategy, managing an editorial calendar for reviews and category pages, identifying content gaps and using data to optimize existing content.
This role will report into the Senior Director of Content for our Credit Cards vertical.
What You’ll Do
- Manage a team of full-time editors and writers tasked with generating and maintaining core transactional content for Bankrate and CreditCards.com
- Create the team’s monthly editorial calendar, identifying priorities with cross-team stakeholders and assigning stories to editors and writers
- Supervise the content creation process from pitching to publishing
- Use data to identify content gaps and optimize existing content
- Develop and optimize editorial workflows and training materials
- Collaborate with SEO analysts and other editors on editorial strategy
- Pitch and execute new content initiatives to help grow organic SOV for cards content
- Write and edit copy as needed
What We’re Looking For
- 4+ years of experience working at a digital media company, with some managerial experience
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of credit cards
- Experience working with transactional content, such as product reviews
- An understanding of SEO best practices and what it takes to create content that ranks (such as EAT and YMYL)
- Experience working in a content management system, preferably WordPress
- Analytical skills to measure performance and identify growth opportunities
- Excellent editing skills and a firm grasp of AP Style
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A team player who excels in cross-functional settings
- Superb grammar and editing skills
To apply, go here.