Axios is a thriving, fast-growing media organization dedicated to providing trustworthy, award-winning news in an audience-first format. We’re hiring an Energy and Climate Editor to help oversee our coverage.
Why it Matters: Axios has built a newsroom of more than 150 talented journalists committed to providing our readers the most trustworthy information in the most efficient way possible. This journalist will report to the Managing Editor of Business & Markets to guide Axios’ coverage of energy, climate, and extreme weather. They will oversee our daily Generate newsletter and also help edit a new editorial product for the Axios Pro subscription business, which has a sharp eye on scoops and big picture trend stories on energy policy in Congress and government agencies.
Go deeper: In this role, you will make an impact to Axios through the following responsibilities:
- Create and manage a pipeline of stories for a daily newsletter
- Edit and manage three reporters
- Serve as player/coach, navigating between supporting the needs of journalists and producing content
- Edit newsletters and stories and embody a culture of journalistic best practices
- Contribute to news products by writing and breaking relevant news stories
- Coordinate coverage with the broader business team, Pro teams and Axios newsroom
The details: Ideal candidates will embody an entrepreneurial spirit and passion for Axios’ mission and have the following skills:
- A commitment to building and nurturing a diverse and inclusive environment
- A belief in Smart Brevity as the core writing style of Axios
- Strong management skills to oversee and support a team of journalists
- Editing experience in a fast-paced news environment
- Demonstrated experience conceptualizing big ideas and seeing them through
- Strong writing and editing skills for online and newsletters
- Experience working across teams to produce quality content
- Demonstrated knowledge of digital and social media landscape
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to assign and manage multiple stories at once
To apply, go here.