Axios is a growth-stage company dedicated to providing trustworthy, award-winning news content in an audience-first format. We are hiring a crypto reporter to launch and co-author a new daily newsletter covering the industry and its various players.
Why it matters: Our crypto reporter will lead Axios’s coverage of this dynamic industry, covering a range of stories, from scoops to analysis of important developments and breaking news.
Go deeper: In this role, you will make an impact to Axios through the following responsibilities:
- Lead our coverage of the cryptocurrency and digital assets world — spanning regulatory, legal, technology, market, and corporate issues, about both small and big companies and organizations.
- Co-author a daily newsletter focused on the industry’s must-read news and analysis for sophisticated business and tech readers and investors.
- Write 1 Big Thing stories on this beat that break news and lay out the biggest themes, helping readers separate the signal from the noise.
- Contribute to and collaborate with Axios teams on our podcast and other editorial projects, as well as occasionally participating in Axios events as an interviewer.
The details: A successful candidate for this job will be well sourced with the experts, potential regulators, companies, and investors that drive the beat. Candidates must demonstrate the ability to break news, spot trends, and convey contextual meaning to industry developments. You will also have the following skills and traits:
- Hunger for exclusive stories and smart sharp angles on the news.
- Deep knowledge of the cryptocurrency industry’s dynamics, players, issues and history.
- Extensive experience covering cryptocurrency industry news, and explaining it to smart readers.
- Enthusiasm for Axios’ Smart Brevity format and style.
- Ability to juggle fast-moving news coverage, a daily newsletter, and work on longer-term reporting projects.
- A collaborative mindset and a reader-first approach.
- Have a passion for broader markets, business, and finance topics.
- Exceptional writing abilities.
- Positive attitude and ability to thrive in high pressure news environments.
- Competitive salary
- Health insurance (100% paid for individuals, 75% for families)
- Primary caregiver 12-week paid leave
- Generous vacation policy, plus company holidays
- Company equity
- Commuter and cell phone benefit
- A commitment to an open, inclusive, and diverse work culture
- Annual learning and development stipend
To apply, go here.