Ignites, an online daily from the Financial Times , is looking for a reporter to join its team covering the retail fund industry.
We are the premier publication covering the mutual fund, ETF and 401(k) marketplaces, and a go-to source for industry decision-makers.
The position will be based in Manhattan, however we have a flexible remote-work policy.
The reporter will join a team of seasoned journalists in ferreting out scoops and creating must-have content for executives working in the ever-changing asset-management industry. You will cover high-profile companies, such as BlackRock, Charles Schwab and American Funds that have a direct impact on millions of people’s wealth, retirement and college savings plans.
We break major industry stories and provide analysis that has been picked up by national papers, including The New York Timesand Wall Street Journal . We have been named the best daily publication by the organization now known as AM&P Network. We have also received awards for our investigative reporting, analysis and news coverage.
The ideal candidate will relish working a beat, developing a network of sources, deriving narratives from regulatory filings and breaking news. We welcome creative ideas for presenting information to our readers across print, graphic and video platforms. Applicants should be flexible and comfortable working as part of a team.
The successful candidates will join an established, successful and profitable Financial Times publication with more than 120,000 paying readers.
What You’ll Be Responsible For
- Reporting and writing at least three stories per week for our daily newsletter
- Mining public documents and developing a network of sources to generate scoops and story ideas
- Contributing to all storytelling formats, including videos, features, webcasts and, when appropriate, graphics and other visualizations
- Attending industry events and meeting with sources to stay on top of the latest industry trends (including virtual events)
What You’ll Bring
- A desire to join a team focused on keeping our publication’s market-leading position by contributing fresh, original content relevant to our niche audience
- Proven ability to develop a network of sources
- Interest in working across media platforms, such as print, video, visuals
- Strong critical thinking skills
- No prior financial journalism experience is required, but candidates who have a particular interest in the topics described are encouraged to identify that when applying.
To apply, go here.