FT’s Ignites seeks a reporter in New York
Ignites, an online daily from the Financial Times, is looking for a reporter to join its team covering the retail fund industry.
We are the premier publication covering the mutual fund, ETF and 401(k) marketplaces, and a go-to source for industry decision-makers.
What We Offer:
The reporters will join a team of seasoned journalists in ferreting out scoops and creating must-have content for executives working in the ever-changing asset-management industry. You will cover high-profile companies, such as Fidelity, Vanguard, State Street, Invesco, Empower Financial and others that have a direct impact on millions of people’s wealth, retirement and college savings plans.
We break major industry stories an provide analysis that has been picked up by major national papers, including The New York Times and Wall St. Journal, among others. We were recognized by the Specialized Information Publishers Association as the “Best Daily Publication” for 2018.
The ideal candidate will relish working a beat, developing a network of sources, deriving narratives from regulatory filings and breaking news. We welcome creative ideas for presenting information to our readers across print, graphic and video platforms. Applicants should be flexible and comfortable working as part of a team.
The successful candidates will join an established, successful and profitable Financial Times publication with more than 110,000 paying readers.
What You’ll Bring:
- A desire to join a team focused on keeping our publication’s market-leading position by contributing fresh, original content relevant to our niche audience
- Experience developing a network of sources
- Interest in working across media platforms, such as print, video, visuals
- Strong critical thinking skills
- A love of digging through filings and data to uncover stories that resonate with readers
- 2-5 years in journalism
- No prior financial journalism experience is required, but candidates who have a particular interest in the topics described are encouraged to identify that when applying.
- The job involves speaking and meeting regularly with senior-level industry executives, and covering industry conferences, some of which require travel outside of New York City, but the position is based in the Financial Times’ Manhattan office.
To apply, go here.