We are looking for passionate and motivated students who are interested in pursuing a career in media to join our team! This program is an eight-week summer internship and is paid $15 per hour.
The internship will offer hands-on experience pitching, reporting and producing audio stories across a broad range of the FT’s podcasts including the FT News Briefing and FT Weekend.
We are looking for candidates with a proven interest in multimedia journalism and some experience in podcast production. Knowledge of business, economics and financial markets is an advantage, and having the ideas and initiative to propose stories and execute them is a must.
What You’ll Do:
- Researching and pitching audio story ideas which draw from the full range of FT coverage: business, finance and culture
- Gathering tape and archive audio to bring stories to life
- Coordinating and recording interview with FT journalists and other guests
- Logging and transcribing tape
- Producing and editing elements of FT podcasts, with guidance from team leader
What We’re Looking For:
- Journalism degree preferred
- Audio or podcast experience preferred (Internship or other courses)
- Good writing and editing skills
- Good communication skills
- Interest in finance and/or FT Weekend coverage
- Must have experience working with Pro Tools or similar editing software
If This Sounds Like You:
To apply please be sure to include the following documents in your application
- A cover letter explaining why you would be a good fit, explaining your interest in joining our team and why you’re interested in making financial news and concepts accessible to a broad audience
Applications will be accepted through February 13, 2023. Successful candidates will be contacted starting in late February.
For more information click here.