FT seeks Houston correspondent
The Financial Times is seeking a Houston correspondent to expand FT’s US growth strategy.
The Houston correspondent will cover some of the world’s most valuable companies, including ExxonMobil, as well as assist in covering broader energy stories in the Americas, particularly the ongoing impact Venezuela’s economic implosion is having on the global oil market.
- Cover Texas’ big energy companies, particularly ExxonMobil, and refineries, breaking stories and identifying key trends
- Lead coverage of the US shale industry
- Contribute to FT-wide effort to improve clean energy and environmental coverage
- Help build revamped Energy Source “mini-brand” with New York and London-based energy teams, including contributions to the FT’s newsletter output
- Assist in coverage of energy in the Americas, particularly Venezuela and Mexico
- Report across all digital platforms and engage with the FT’s audience through social media
- Demonstrate numeracy and proficiency in handling data, the ability to explain analyses confidently
- Produce simple charts and identify opportunities to collaborate with Visual and Data Journalism team
Successful candidates will have a record of corporate reporting and a good grounding in geopolitics.
Applications should be made via Workday by 22 March 2020.