FT seeks Hong Kong reporter
The Financial Times is looking for a reporter to be based in Hong Kong. You will report directly to the managing editor and be responsible for sourcing and writing high-quality articles focused on different markets across Asia’s asset management industry.
- Responsible for covering the asset management industry in Asia.
- Report, write and produce high-quality articles / news stories and exclusive content.
- Moderate webcasts and video interviews.
- When needed, edit or follow-up on mass media stories for the publication
- Perform other relevant tasks as assigned by the managing editor
- Minimum of three years of experience covering the asset management industry and/or financial markets in Asia. Strong contacts with asset management companies, institutional investors, fund distributors, sovereign wealth funds and regulators would be an advantage.
- Strong writing skills.
- Proven ability to meet daily deadlines.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Flexibility to adjust to changing demands of the job, varying day-to-day tasks and changing editorial requirements of Ignites Asia.
- Willingness to travel within Asia occasionally.
- Ability to build on current network of sources and significantly expand that network within a short period of time.
- Ability to work independently, while at the same time must be able to take guidance, suggestions, constructive criticism from the Managing Editor and the rest of the Ignites Asia editorial team.
- Ability to interact well with others.
- Competence in computer/technology skills required to perform assigned tasks.