FT seeks editor for FTAdviser
FTAdviser is looking for an editor to lead its award-winning content for the financial advice industry. In this strategic role you will use your deep understanding of the issues affecting financial advisers to guide the development of editorial output to meet the needs of this fast-changing industry.
- Keeping abreast of developments within the fast-changing financial advice and wealth management industries to inform development of the editorial proposition
- Work with marketing to commission and analyze audience and industry research, as well as competitive publisher analysis
- Work with commercial and editorial directors to formulate editorial plans including new areas of coverage, set editorial priorities, and manage budgets
- Managing a team of editors to co-ordinate the editorial output of FTAdviser and Asset Allocator
- Work closely with commercial management teams to identify new opportunities for potential advertising and events growth, including identifying and managing relevant external partners for specific projects
- Liaising with product and technology teams on the continuous improvement of FTAdviser’s digital presence so that it meets the evolving needs of both readers and advertisers, and increasing quality engagement with online content
- Work to embed data analytics into the FTAdviser editorial team, ensuring editorial decisions are data informed
- Working with the Features editor to further develop and promote FTAdviser’s market leading Continuing Professional Development tools
- Representing FTAdviser across the financial advice industry, including speaking at industry and internal events
- Manage the recruitment, development and training of a diverse editorial team including development reviews, and deal with workload, holidays, recruitment and other staffing issues
- Hold each journalist accountable to FT editorial standards with continual reviews of all content. Refine and continually improve those standards.
Required Skills / Experience
- Deep knowledge about retail finance and educational requirements for financial advisers
- Experience of editing trade publications and websites, preferably for the FA industry
- Commercially aware, with experience of balancing editorial integrity with the needs of advertisers
- Strong leadership and people management skills, commitment to staff development.