MandateWire is a successful subscription publication that tracks and analyses the investment activities of institutional investors in Europe, North America and Asia.
The Editor for MandateWire Asia, based in Hong Kong, will report to the Managing Editor of FT Asset Management. The Editor will be responsible for the day-to-day management of the team of reporters and will contribute content as well. The reporters’ responsibilities include conducting in-depth interviews, drafting intelligence reports for publication on our database and daily newswire, and keeping the internal contacts database up to date.
This is a broad role that includes performance management of the team, sending the email alerts, editing news and reports, and working closely with the European and North American editorial teams to collate the quarterly and annual Deal Flow report.
The successful candidate will be fluent in English and preferably of the following languages: Mandarin, Japanese or Korean. Other useful languages include Cantonese, Thai and Malaysian.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Generate news stories, chase news leads, write content for Deal Flow in conjunction with the Editorial Researchers
- Edit all reports prior to their being posted on MandateWire Asia
- Send out email alerts
- Manage the team of reporters with a key emphasis on performance management and motivation
- Ensure reporters are meeting the required expectations for numbers of stories and inputting of data
- Coordinate the implementation of strategies agreed by senior management
- Other duties will include managing the day-to-day newsroom operations, editing materials in various stages of development for accuracy, tone and appropriate style as well as the on-going training / support of the reporting staff
- Reporting and editing experience preferably within the money management/finance sector
- Conducting interviews with senior professionals and cold calling
- Managing a team, including hiring, setting objectives, performance management, conducting appraisals
- Knowledge of the institutional money management industry
- Fluent English and one or more of the following: Mandarin, Japanese or Korean.
- Excellent communication skills and a professional telephone manner. The role involves speaking with senior institutional investment decision makers; the ability to create a rapport with these contacts is essential.
- Ability to analyse large amounts of data and identify relevant material.
- Superb organisational skills to manage time effectively, scheduling calls, inputting data and meeting all deadlines.
- Good level of computer skills. Knowledge of Microsoft Word and excel are a must along with a basic knowledge of HTML.
– Well organised
– Polite and confident telephone manner
– Knowledge of financial terminology
– Confident and able to perform under pressure to daily deadlines
– Eye for detail – both for editing stories and sifting through large amounts of data in annual reports
– Ability to multi-task
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to Eduardo Llull at email@example.com.
Please note this is a local hire thus local terms and conditions shall apply.