We are looking for a social impact/nonprofit content writer to create digital content that reflects the work we do at Spark Impact, provide valuable information to our existing and potential clients, and help grow traffic to our website and social media
ABOUT THE COMPANY
At Spark, we work with foundations, corporations, impact investors, government agencies, nonprofits, and social entrepreneurs to develop social impact strategies, design and implement meaningful impact measurement, and bring people together around meaning and purpose. We are passionate about helping others to align their interests, capabilities, and resources to achieve meaningful, measurable social impact, particularly in the areas of economic inclusion and advancement, social justice and equality, education, and the arts.
We design and lead strategy and evaluation processes that make organizations more sustainable, credible, and effective by increasing their social impact.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Topics you will be writing about:
- Impact evaluation
- Strategic Planning
- Non profit management
- Produce well-researched and original content based on a list of topics for publication online (website, email marketing)
- Develop content for blogs, articles, social media (Twitter and Linkedin), and Spark’s website
- Create compelling headlines and copy that will capture the attention of our target audience
- Research and propose potential topics for new content
- Revise content as needed
- Proofread content before publication
- Complete drafts of content within deadlines
- Ensure all-around consistency (style, fonts, images, and tone)
- Update website content as needed
- Experience writing about or working in the social impact or nonprofit sectors- DO NOT APPLY IF YOU DO NOT HAVE THIS EXPERIENCE
- Proven record of excellent writing
- Experience doing research using multiple sources
- BSc in Marketing, English, Journalism, Nonprofit Management or related field
- Ability to work independently with little or no daily supervision
WHAT TO INCLUDE IN SUBMISSION
- Write a short introduction about yourself
- Include a paragraph highlighting your writing experience, relevant credentials and publication credits
- Attach links to your strongest work or portfolio, and online profile.
- Application Question: What experience do you have working in (or writing for) the non profit or social impact sector?
- $100 per article
For more information, visit their website.