Georgia Recorder is looking for writers
Georgia recorder is looking for writers to help our team during the 2022 legislative session—not necessarily covering the Legislature. Assignments could range from K-12 mask rules to COVID trends.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
The Georgia Recorder is an independent, nonprofit news organization that is focused on connecting public policies to stories of the people and communities affected by them. We bring a fresh perspective to coverage of the state’s biggest issues. We’ll provide you with a steady mix of in-depth stories, blog posts and social media updates on the latest news and progressive commentary.
WHAT TO INCLUDE IN SUBMISSION
- The cover letter should explain why you are the best candidate to cover/write about the legislative sessions, K-12 mask rules, COVID-19 trends, etc.
- A summary of your relevant experience, credentials and publication credits
- Include your strongest clips or links to published work
- Attach a resume detailing your writing experience.
- $250+ per article. It is recommended that you discuss/negotiate the rate individually with the editor.
For more information, visit their website.
Please email all questions and submissions to Josh McCosh, Editor at Georgia Recorder at: firstname.lastname@example.org.