The FOX News Multimedia Reporters is like no other program in the industry. Qualified candidates are positioned across the country to shoot, produce, edit, and report content for FOX News Media platforms. After two years of ongoing technical training, skill development, and mentorship, our reporters are positioned to become stronger journalists in the field.
The FOX News Multimedia Reporters (MMR) is part of our company’s ongoing mission to invest in talent. It was implemented in 2011 to build a pipeline for the next generation of skilled, hardworking multiplatform journalists.
As a Multimedia Reporter, you will gather news information, conduct live and taped interviews, write stories and deliver news reports across all FOX News Media platforms.
You will respond to breaking news on short notice in your region and at times, nationwide.
You will also develop unique stories for enterprise pieces that appeal to a national audience.
- As a Multimedia Reporter, you will gather news information, conduct live and taped interviews, write stories and deliver news reports across all FOX News Media platforms
- You will respond to breaking news on short notice in your region and at times, nationwide
- Initiate and create news content for daily stories and breaking news across multiple FOX platforms, including FOX News Channel, FOX Business Network, FOX Weather, FOX News Digital, FOX News EDGE, and FOX News Radio
- Research, write, produce, edit, and report original news stories, including appropriate video, graphics, and audio packages
- Shoot, edit, and transmit content in the field utilizing FOX-provided equipment for daily and breaking news coverage
- Communicate with management regarding story development while working alongside news managers, assignment editors, and producers to generate news packages
- Travel often to cover breaking news at a moment’s notice, within your region and at times, nationwide
- Establish a strong network of sources and contacts within the community to develop story leads and ongoing relationships
- 2-4 years of professional on-air field reporting experience as a general assignment reporter, reporting and/or editing news stories for all broadcast and digital media platforms
- A strong grasp of national news & campaign politics
- A natural affinity for storytelling, a love for news, a strong work ethic, and a passion to succeed
- Must have outstanding time management skills, and complete required assignments on deadline
- Exceptional writing, research, and on-air presentation skills including knowledge of AP style
- Adept in the field and capable of responsibly handling a live news situation
- Strong working knowledge of multimedia production, including previous experience with non-linear editing and CMS platforms
- Ability to work independently and unilaterally with minimum on-site support and supervision
- A team player who takes initiative
- Ability to work nights, holidays, and weekends, often on short notice
- Must be willing to sign a two-year employment contract
- A valid driver’s license and safe driving record
For further details click here.