Fox Business seeks a senior producer for “Claman Countdown”
Fox Business is committed to delivering news as it happens. We love what we do and we’re looking for passionate, talented people to help us lead, grow and achieve our goals. Joining Fox Business is a singular opportunity to be part of a highly successful, dynamic team that has transformed the way people get their information.
We are looking for a dynamic, hardworking, and creative Senior Producer to join “The Claman Countdown.” As the Senior Producer, you have the opportunity to help create a show that covers the intersection of politics, policy, the markets, and the economy. We are looking for a natural leader, a proven go-getter, and someone who can rise to the occasion under the stressful demands of cable news. As the Senior Producer, you have excellent editorial and business news judgment, can put together compelling segments and shows, and have extensive breaking news experience. You will take responsibility for ensuring the program is always looking ahead, seeking the most groundbreaking guests, and constantly delivering original investigation to our viewers.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Create daily rundown for 1-hour business show and adjust throughout the day to react to breaking news and guest additions
- Work closely with host Liz Claman to execute an on-brand, visually captivating, fast-paced show
- Help manage and mentor the team of Line Producers, APs, Bookers and Production Assistants
- Manage control room, including timing host and reporters, reacting to breaking news, and ensuring the screen matches the fast-paced live conversation/content
- Copy edit scripts, banners, graphics and oversee research packets
- Ensure best guests are booked for the following day’s stories
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- At least 8 years of newsroom experience and producing/line producing a television newscast
- Experience with talent management
- Knowledge and passion for business news, current events and politics is essential
- Excellent organizational and managerial skills as well as the ability to create an environment that fosters teamwork
- Decisive and skilled management of a control room is required
- Detail-oriented and able to work under pressure and meet multiple daily deadlines
- Exceptional editorial skills: Ability to recognize stories with high potential for compelling television
- Proven track record of leadership and newscast ratings growth
To apply, go here.