Fox Business Network is a financial news channel delivering real-time information across all platforms that impact both Main Street and Wall Street. Headquartered in New York—the business capital of the world—FBN launched in October 2007 and is available in more than 80 million homes in major markets across the United States. Owned by 21st Century Fox, the network has bureaus in Chicago, Los Angeles, Washington, DC and London.
We are looking for a Lead Home Page Editor/Producer that will oversee the FOXBusiness.com home page. This an exciting opportunity to join a growing, cutting edge digital unit aimed at covering the connection between Wall Street, Washington D.C. and Main Street.
As a Fox Business homepage editor, you’ll be making the programming decisions for FOXBusiness.com, from determining story placement to writing clickable headlines to choosing interesting art for our front page. You will be responsible for managing and overseeing the Home Page team and you are a competitive self-starter with strong news judgment who thrives under pressure and keeps a laser-sharp focus on metrics.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Write engaging, SEO-friendly headlines
- Use a mix of editorial judgment and metrics to determine story placement
- Help manage/mentor a small team of reporters/producers
- Write breaking news banners and continually updating breaking news headlines
- Assist with copy editing articles and video headlines
- Monitor all major financial markets, tracking trends and compelling corporate news
- Monitor FBN programming for compelling newsmakers/segments
- Coordinate digital coverage with FBN coverage of news events/reporter submissions
- Participate in broader strategic discussions
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- 3-5 years of newsroom experience
- Strong news judgment and knowledge of business news
- Experience writing on deadline for a major news website/prioritizing assignments
- Experience using Chartbeat, Google Analytics, or a comparable real-time metrics
- Must be a skilled, fast writer and self-editor with strong AP Style skills
- The desire to work in a creative, demanding, competitive environment
- Ability to multitask on tight deadlines in high pressure environment
NICE TO HAVES
- Prior experience running a homepage for a business news site
- Experience using WordPress, Photoshop. iNews, Ardome, Slack
To apply, go here.