FOX 6 News is searching for a key player to fill the vital role of Assignment Editor for our award winning news operation. Can you juggle emails, phones, social media and police scanners? Can you direct news crews in breaking news situations? Can you come to work with a positive attitude and ready to beat the competition? If this is you, we want you on our team! Join a company with world-class benefits including a generous time off program and 401k.
- You will be responsible for guiding news coverage on digital and broadcast platforms during your assigned shift.
- You must understand how to create and construct compelling and impactful news content.
- You will handle ENG and news crew deployment and coordinate live crew assignments.
- Because we are a multiple platform news operation with a heavy emphasis on our digital platforms, you must know how to use social media, the internet and other emerging technologies to generate news stories and news contacts.
- You must have the skills to post content and assign resources to a digital platform. This position assists the news producers with story research.
- You will monitor police and fire scanners and e-mail for potential news stories.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must have a Journalism or communication degree or related experience.
- Previous assignment desk, associate producer or news internship experience preferred.
- Applicant must have excellent news judgment and understand how to use current news gathering tools for both broadcast and digital platforms.
- Must be organized and be able to prioritize assignments to maximize staff output.
- Must be able to multi-task and think logistically.
- Strong communication skills and commitment to the highest standards of journalism is required.
For more details click here.