At Forum Communications Company, our legacy is deeply rooted in harnessing the power of communication to connect and inform people in the communities we serve. Since 1917, everything we do is driven by creating and sharing information, ideas and insights.
Today, we’re a leading media and technology company that’s home to a family of people whose passion and purpose is fueled by collaboration and innovation. We believe in supporting each other, working hard towards common goals and having fun.
- Covering state government, business communities and a wide variety of trends/issues impacting greater North Dakota.
- Developing, nurturing and maintaining a network of sources with primary focus on North Dakota government issues and trends, particularly with an emphasis on impact to readers.
- Working independently to identify storytelling opportunities and planning coverage with Forum News Service editors for a mix of daily and enterprise reporting suitable for multiple platforms.
- Organizing materials, determining focus and writing stories according to prescribed editorial style and format standards for media websites, newspapers and social media.
- Responding to breaking news or stories of high-importance from Bismarck.
- Embracing a creative, collaborative approach with other team members and in working with other FCC departments and locations.
- Photography skills and a willingness to produce video stories.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education in journalism and experience in a professional newsroom.
- Strong organizational, time management and people skills are essential.
- Versatility and flexibility are essential. Ability to write with confidence on multiple topics.
- Ability to work on a deadline, handle sensitive and emotional situations, balance competing demands, set priorities and juggle several issues at once.
- Digital skills, particularly ability to produce video, a plus.
- Accuracy and ability to write clean, crisp copy in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment.
- Must have a valid driver’s license with a driving record that is insurable by the company.
- Work hours may include nights, weekends and holidays, as needed.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 5/8/23
EMAIL RESUME AND CLIPS TO: Executive Editor Kirsten Stromsodt at email@example.com.
For further details click here.