Fortune, which boasts massive franchises like the Fortune 500, Most Powerful Women and World’s Greatest Leaders, is seeking a Senior Editor to assign and edit content across all platforms with a strong focus on the web. Those who don’t possess a deep enthusiasm for tech, new media and content experiences need not apply.
- Have 5+ years of digital writing and editing experience for the business and finance sector.
- Collaborate with a team of Editors and Writers, using your excellent news judgement to assign, edit and optimize content across numerous platforms (web, social, print, etc.)
- Grow audience engagement across the site; have a deep knowledge of SEO and experience working with Chartbeat, Omniture and other analytics tools to drive growth.
- Drive integrated print and digital content experience initiatives.
- Proven: Over the course of your experience covering the business sector, you’ve built relationships with sources, leaders and fellow content creators. This isn’t your first major content job; you come with a portfolio that proves your value as an accomplished, well-sourced writer and editor.
- Collaborative: You work well with writers and editors at all levels of experience, and are enthusiastic about taking on new responsibilities. You have strong leadership skills and can teach others and guide them with your expertise.
- Passionate: You care deeply about the topics Fortune covers and serving its users. In addition, you have an insatiable desire to help reporters craft the absolute best story possible, even while knowing the reporter will get all the credit if it’s good, and the editor only grief if it’s not.
- Fast, not loose: You move a million miles a minute, not because you have to, but because you don’t know how to work another way. You thrive in a fast-paced environment, prioritizing deadlines and are self-directing without compromising the quality of your output.
To apply, go here.