Fortune seeks editorial director for higher education coverage
Fortune is launching a new, digital first brand to provide upscale, savvy business consumers with coverage and recommendations on life-long learning, education related rankings, and other related services and products. This new brand will generate revenue from affiliate commerce, lead generation and sponsorship.
Fortune seeks an Editorial Director, Higher Education to provide the strategic content vision for this new brand as well as to supervise the daily content production of the site and supervise a medium size dedicated team of staff and freelancers.
- Develop editorial vision and supporting organization to allow Fortune to become the leading online resource recommendation engine for relevant educational products and services.
- Ensure that the content produced in on brand, well researched, reliable and insightful to make Fortune’s audience confident to take the next step, no matter what that might be
- Oversee team of freelancers and staff
- Oversee editorial coverage in various formats, including features, reviews, rankings and through various content channels including website, email, syndications and social
- Track and use performance data to adjust editorial strategy and programming
- Stay abreast of education industry trends
- Understand SEO value and partner with SEO team to employ best practices
- Be engaged on data-based results of the editorial coverage and use the data to make informed decisions about future content
- Partner with business team to set an overall vision and strategy that helps readers and drives commercial success
- Drive audience development and growth, ensuring that the content covered drives traffic goals
- Define editorial guidelines and voice
- 6+ years of Editorial experience and leading teams
- Service content experience and passionate about educational space for MBA and continued career development
- Experience creating content via in depth explanations product reviews and ratings to enable readers to educate themselves and make decisions/take action
- Comfort with chasing opportunities and solving problems with commercial functions
- A data-informed approach to decision making where data influences and informs strategy
- Experience working with remote freelancers
- Process driven
To apply, go here.