Fortune seeks an associate editor in New York
Fortune is looking for a sharp, organized, and ambitious journalist to take on the role of associate editor in New York. The ideal candidate has a general business background, with a particular interest in covering issues of gender and diversity in the corporate world.
- Pitch and write smart stories about female leaders and the intersection of gender and business. Work on Fortune franchises, including our list of the Most Powerful Women in Business.
- Help produce The Broadsheet, our daily newsletter about the world’s most powerful women.
- Coordinate and edit copy from our growing team of staff and contributing journalists across the globe for Fortune.com.
- Work and collaborate with writers to extract their best work, help them think through story ideas, and sharpen their words.
- Help out with coverage of our conferences and other live events.
- Experienced: You will have no less than two to five years’ experience as a reporter, writer, or editor, ideally with some focus on the business world. You know how to take a complicated subject and break it down into something that’s understandable and interesting to our reader.
- Passionate: You’re excited about covering powerful women and digging into the ways the business world is—and isn’t—taking strides to become more diverse.
- Engaged: Your work ethic is formidable. Your competitive streak is healthy. Your ability to guide junior and senior reporters alike is admirable.
- Digital: You’re familiar with the social web and how digital information is distributed today. You understand how to play on a distributed and digital editorial team. You’re willing to rethink existing editorial processes to make them more effective.
- Flexible: Digital journalism is constantly evolving. You’re ready and willing to change with it.
To apply, go here.