Fortune seeks an associate editor in London
Fortune is looking for a sharp, organized, and ambitious journalist to take on the role of associate editor for news in London.
- Contribute to a team of Europe-based writers and editors that covers business news for a primarily U.S.-based audience
- Write breaking news stories across a variety of topics—tech, finance, macroeconomics, leadership—for American readers
- Edit breaking news stories with confidence
- Be a utility player, jumping between writing and editing duties with ease
- Have an especially keen interest in how Fortune 500 companies and their upstart disruptors operate in Europe and how the region, with its unique regulatory climate, plays into their global strategies
- Be eager to develop, pitch, and write magazine-style enterprise stories on the European business beat
- Collaborate with other Fortune editors to refine your work, think through story ideas, and sharpen your words
- Experienced. You will have no less than one year of experience as a reporter, writer, or editor with a focus on business news in Europe. You know how to take a complicated subject and break it down into something that’s understandable and interesting to our reader.
- Bilingual. Fluency in German and/or French—in addition to English!—is a plus
- Engaged. Your work ethic is formidable. Your competitive streak is healthy. Your collegiality is contagious.
- Digital. You’re familiar with the social web and how digital information is distributed today. You understand how to play on a distributed and digital editorial team. You’re willing to rethink existing editorial processes to make them more effective.
- Excited. Fortune aims to be a vibrant destination for business news. You’re ready to embody and evangelize that mission.
To apply, go here.