Fortune seeks an associate editor in Europe
Fortune is seeking a smart and energetic associate editor based in Europe. This editor will have two key mandates: review and prioritize the most important stories for us to focus on in Europe and help us jumpstart morning coverage for the U.S. We want to grow our coverage of European-based companies, along with tackling stories in our focus areas—especially in finance and tech—earlier in the day.
You’ll spend most of your time assigning and editing, and you should be comfortable working with both junior and senior reporters. You’ll work both independently and in collaboration with colleagues across the newsroom to produce stories covering breaking news and exclusive scoops. You’ll be expected to use your time wisely to juggle multiple assignments at once while being able to pivot when important news drops.
This editor will manage two junior reporters and is expected to mentor them, cultivating stronger idea generation, story framing, prioritization, reporting, and writing skills. You can be located anywhere in Europe, but we prefer London or Brussels-based candidates.
The right candidate…
- Reads a lot of news from a breadth of sources and has a pulse on the most important stories happening in Europe and the U.S.
- Has at least one year of experience editing business journalism.
- Knows how to work quickly, especially with breaking news.
- Has experience editing and publishing clean, accurate, and insightful copy on deadline.
- Is infinitely curious and always has a story idea ready to go.
- Can explore a fresh angle on the topic everyone is talking about.
- Has a diverse stable of sources that provides fresh voices and perspectives to Fortune readers.
- Can communicate professionally and effectively in a remote environment.
To apply, go here.