Fortune seeks a senior writer to cover artificial intelligence
Fortune seeks an experienced journalist with a passion for covering the exploding technology/business story of artificial intelligence and related disruptive technologies. The job will include contributing to a newsletter; writing frequently for Fortune.com and Fortune magazine; appearing on camera in Fortune videos; and playing a key role in Fortune conferences, both from a programming and onstage perspective.
- Have enthusiasm for creating a new beat and establishing yourself as an authority on the crucial topic of AI. The opportunity is yours to define this coverage, which should encompass how AI is being developed and deployed at everything from Silicon Valley’s largest companies, innovative startups, and every non-tech company in between.
- Know the key corporate, investing, and academic players in AI.
- Enthusiastically write critically, honestly, and analytically about innovations in technology, as the situation warrants. We are not looking for a cheerleader or an uncritical enthusiast; we are looking for a business journalist with a zeal for explaining a crucial emerging technology.
- Write frequently across Fortune’s platforms and be an eager participant in Fortune’s video and live offerings.
- Experienced. You will have no less than five years’ experience covering technology, with a demonstrated interested in AI and the related fields of machine learning, neural networks, etc. Knowledge of technology is a given, but so is an understanding of business and an ability to write clearly in a way that general businesspeople can understand. Experience conducting live interviews in front of an audience is a huge plus.
- Engaged. Your work ethic is formidable. Your competitive streak is healthy. Your collegiality is admirable.
- Digital. You understand how digital information is distributed today and are willing to tell stories in different ways for different mediums.
- Excited. Fortune aims to be a vibrant destination for tech coverage. You’re ready to embody and evangelize that mission with aggressive reporting.
The position reports jointly to the executive editor and digital editor of Fortune.
To apply, go here.